1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon powdered garlic
1 teaspoon powdered onion
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (Any brand)
1 teaspoon grated Parmesan or Romani cheese
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
8 ounces white mushrooms
1 medium onion
1 13 ounce package of whole-grain spaghetti
1 jar marinara sauce
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 pound ground beef
1) Preheat oven for 350. Place ground beef, egg, parmesan, powdered onion, powder garlic, parsley, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, and breadcrumbs in a medium mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly by hand (actually stick your hands in the meat). Once all the ingredients are the same consistency, grease a cookie sheet. Roll the meat mixture into 1 inch diameter balls and place on the cookie sheet. Bake meatballs for 25 to 30 minutes.
2) Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3) While the meatballs bake and the water boils, dice the onion and slice the mushrooms. Place the diced onions, olive oil, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, and minced garlic into a medium saucepan. Sauté on on medium heat until soft. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add spinach and cover until spinach wilts. Pour stir in the jar of marinara sauce. Turn the stove top down to medium low heat and cover.
4) Once the meatballs are finished add them to your marinara sauce. Turn the stove top back to medium heat and let simmer for 2-4 minutes
5) Scoop meatballs and marinara sauce onto a bed of pasta and serve with bread and salad.
By: Josh Martin